July 1, 2010

Laughing at Life

So I am officially a "work at home mom" and I must say. I LOVE IT!It is super super super nice to get to be with the kids all day and have time to spend with them, time to plan meals and fit work in between.

Rylan has been growing and changing at record speed - his vocabulary is adorable and keeps us laughing. And at this very moment he is expressing himself vocally in a way that only few should hear... or Mom may not be able to hear after today... He has a new "girlfriend", Hannah, who he ADORES! Aww so cute together are they... Rylan is getting ready to start tball in a few weeks and Trav and I are sure he's going to be a rockstar at it.

Some of Rylan's funny sayings are:

"I promise" follows every sentence when he wants me to take him seriously

"I don't wanna change the babies diapers - it gross" We were talking about him being a big helper when the
baby comes...

"Mommy, I am wifphering" aka whispering.. the kids have been trained when I am on the phone to use this handy tool.

"Mommy, Charlie's people gave him a haircut". We unfortunately had to part ways with our beloved Charlie after too many holes in the backyard, ruined plants, jumps on the kids, etc. He went to a nice family but when Rylan saw a yellow lab he instantly thought that Charlie was coming home for a visit and was sporting a new do! So cute and hilarious!

Braden is rocking a new buzz cut for the summer and has had many playdates with friends and recently went to Vacation Bible School. They gave all the kids a CD that we have the blessing of listening to 100 times daily!!! It's wonderful. He still has a loose tooth that he's been working on and hopefully we'll get our first visit from the toothfairy sometime this summer... No girlfriends for Braden - they are "gross". He is crossing his fingers and toes that we can visit Legoland for his birthday and we're trying really hard to make that happen.

One of Braden's funny sayings is:
"If you drink your orange juice, it helps you play the wii better" Speechless - I was speechless.

I have begun a new adventure... COUPONS!

I have started doing this to help with saving $$$$$$$$$ around here and clip coupons and purchase ONLY things that are on sale. We don't really eat frozen/processed foods anyway - which are a huge waste of money and I've worked on stocking up the pantry with my good finds. This way, if we are tight on budget for a month, meals won't be scrimped. When meats are on sale, I stock up. When berries are in season, we have lots to go around. So far in the last 3 weeks of doing this I have nearly every trip to the grocery store saved more than I've spent. There was only one visit that I had an "overage" of $3.00 more spent than saved. Not bad right?!

Now if I could only do something about the 113 degree weather that is KILLING my husband...

No comments: