July 19, 2010

Birthday Time

It was Braden's birthday today and he's officially 6 years old! We started our celebration on Saturday with a birthday party with all his friends and family invited.

This year, Braden chose a sports themed party so I made him some cupcakes that matched. They turned out pretty cute I think!

I made a buttercream frosting and colored it for most of them - the football ones were the easiest as I used coconut shavings that I colored green and rolled in the frosting... Most of them were eaten by the end of the party so I think it came out pretty well!

This morning, in keeping with family tradition, I decorated Braden's door - he slept in Rylan's room last night so to be technical, it was really Rylan's door BUT ANYWAY!

We then had Braden's choice of meals for the entire day which quickly became:

Breakfast
Cinnamon Rolls & Fruit


Lunch
PB & J with veggies and dip

and finally when you give a six year old the option to choose their dinnner...

Dinner
ICECREAM

Yes, I did allow icecream for dinner. We figured #1 the memories are what matter most, #2 they had their vitamins and #3 it's only once a year :)

Since it was hella hot here in AZ today we took a much needed trip to the community pool. Braden rode the water slide about 50+ times and Rylan was busy trying to keep his bathsuit up the whole time... It's a size too small but his little butt crack keeps slipping out!!!


I have to say, I was a pretty cool day. Next weekend, we have Legoland and California to look forward too (our anniversary and Braden's bday present this year!) Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

SO fun! The cupcakes turned out PERFECT! And the boys are adorable!!! Have a Happy Anniversary and a fun time with the boys in Legoland!

worryfreemom said...

The cupcakes look awesome! Wish we could have been there! Have fun in CA!