April 25, 2010

One more week...

As everyone knows, life in the Palmer house is NEVER boring... and lately it seems like things are a changin' every other week! In March, we learned my company had sold the property management department that I have been working in for the last 4 years. That was a big shock as we were planning for me to continue working there for the remainder of my pregnancy which would give us time to plan for me to be at home after the baby was born.

But now that this is coming to an end in one week and God has opened a door for us by giving me an opportunity to work from home doing transaction coordinating and virtual assisting for the agents in our office at RE/MAX. I am really excited as it's a new opportunity will allow me a full time business at home for the summer (which will alleviate a LOT of daycare expense) and also make a smooth transistion after the baby is born. This coming month will require a lot of work to prepare this business which will start June 1st. PLEASE PRAY FOR US!

I have been feeling pretty prego these last few weeks and Travis is beggin' and a prayin' for a girl. Last night we were watching the boys play in front of us (they were pretending to shoot each other with their guns aka their fingers) and I asked him if he was prepared for ANOTHER boy if God were to bless us with one. Travis promptly called the kid's attention and asked Braden and Rylan "if the baby ends up being a boy, which one of you wants to be a girl?" We all laughed so hard... I don't think my face has hurt like that in a long time. His sense of humor definately keeps me going at times. That and his assistance with driving to the store at a moments notice to get me Reese's cereal which I had a craving for last night... and now sounds really delicious again...

Rylan also announced yesterday (after he decided he didn't want to eat dinner) that he was going to run away from home because he "didn't like it here anymore". Braden was appalled and reassured me that he "loves livng here" and has "no idea where Rylan would get that from". When we (trying to keep a straight face) asked Rylan why he would want to run away, all he could say was "i cuz". That means in Rylan lingo "because"... Grandma Kathy has always said that Rylan is just like his daddy and told me a story a few years ago of when Travis was a little boy and they were living out in Mesa, AZ he decided to run away one day. He left the house and Grandpa Gary followed him the entire way. He walked all the way down to some store and convinced the manager to give him food and a drink. Up until a few years ago, Travis had no idea that his dad followed him and was watching over him the entire time. That was ALWAYS my favorite part of the story... And while Rylan, to my knowledge, doesn't even know what "running away" is, I am sure that if he did it would follow the same course as Travis's "experience" did.

 Braden had his Spring Concert at school this last week and at the silent auction dad won the pink tutu that he bid on for his "baby girl" (he's determined people)...Braden did great as always and when we download it from the camera, I'll post it on here for you all to see. We also went to a few garage sales this weekend and got  Braden a new desk for his room which we repainted to match and a set of real locker's for Rylan's. Their rooms are starting to look super cute! Pics will be on soon as well.

Finally, Braden has a lose tooth! He's wiggling it daily with hopes it will pop out soon for the toothfairy. We shall see...

2 comments:

Julie said...

It is amazing how God always has a plan for us, even when it doesn't seem like it's the path you want to/ or feel you're supposed to take. Life would have been so easy for you to just become a stay at home mom (I mean it just seemed natural), but now you can stay home with your kiddos AND make money! I often question His plan for my family and wonder WHY I just can't seem to get back to Arizona. And now I have 2 potential prospects that if both work out would be the PERFECT combination for me career-wise. But it has taken 4 years to come to come to having such a promising possible opportunity.

If Travis is so sure your having a girl, he needs to start browsing my bow boutique (mybugsbows.blogspot.com) and start his shopping list :) Btw, I just made the CUTEST ones, they'll be up soon!

How many more weeks til you find out the sex?

worryfreemom said...

I'm so glad that everything is working out for you! I know that you want to be home with the kids--and now you can! God has a plan for everything! :-)

Megan is hoping hard for a girl, too. Last time she prayed for a sister, though, she got Josyan. ;-) I can't wait to have another little girl to buy cutie things for!!!

We miss you guys!