So I have turned to weekly menus and am now using my crockpot and my #1 love to help me with this weekly "project". Hello Ree Drummond. You are my new best friend.
If anyone is not aware of The Pioneer Woman, then let me introduce you. Ree Drummond is one of the most multi-talented women I have seen in quite awhile. Her website and books offer WONDERFUL cooking tips and receipes and she is a talented photographer and homeschooling mom. ILUVHER!http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/
We even share an affinity for my favorite dog... the basset hound. Watch out Charlie, you're on the verge of being replaced in the Palmer home if you jump/dig one more time!!!
This weeks menu consists of the following:
Monday: Coq Au Vin and Buttery Noodles - PW
Tuesday: Country Beans and Corn Bread - PW
Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas - My receipe
Thursday: Cajun Meatloaf - PW
Friday: T-bone Steak and Asparagus - Travis specialty
Saturday: Lazy Chiles Rellenos and Corn Tortillas - PW
Sunday: Turkey Dinner - MINE MINE MINE
The thing that I am absolutely LOVING about this new schedule is that most of the meals I can either do in the morning in the crockpot (country beans) or prep ahead of time and leave cooking instructions for Travis. Like the enchiladas, meatloaf and chiles rellenos.
As a side note, since I am still not a fan of waking up at 4 am in the morning to make Travis his breakfast, I have made this morning a weeks worth breakfast burritos that he can warm up during the mornings. They are frozen in foil packages and were super simple and quick to make. Very easy, healthy and a little "i love you" from me to him and I still get some shut eye :)
Ingredients:
5 eggs
1/2 a package of pork sausage - hot
5-6 whole wheat wraps2 tablespoons of heavy cream
salt & pepper to taste
** if they were mine, I would have added sharp cheese to this mix and green onions, but I cook per request of the hubs
Here's photos from this morning :)
End result are happy boys!

1 comment:
Very cool. We need to get better about planning meals, but given my schedule where I can get off at 1 (like today) or 7, 8, 9, 10pm... there's no way I can predict/plan meals. Maybe one day...
When you mentioned crock pot meals, I remembered I had bookmarked this site. Almost EVERYTHING can be made in the crock pot!! And it's a cool site b/c you can search by ingredients, type of meal, etc. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment