Travis and I both agreed that the best part of Laughlin was the enormous amount of food available at the buffet. Saturday night was all about seeing how much Prime Rib and King Crab Travis could stuff into that pretty lil' face of his and he did pretty well if I do say so myself :)
Sunday on our way home and decided to browse Old Route 66 as Travis enlightened me on a little deserted town called Oatman. Oatman is a unique town... Travis had a hard time describing it to me on our way there. I tried to help by giving some descriptive thoughts that come to mind when you hear the name "Oatman, AZ".
Words like: Redneck, Hickish, Old, Run Down, Weird, Dirty, Full of Crazies, Quaint?!
Not so...
After visting Oatman I would describe it as an authentic Old Western Town with a little touch of wild burro. Yes, I did say wild burro. It is a fact that I am definately a "city girl" as finding any type of wild animal that runs the streets loose and with the approval of common folk is completely foreign to me. Seriously, where I come from if a dog is loose in the neighborhood, you find the owner or call the animal control. Imagine living in a town with signs like this!!!!
They even sell carrots for you to feed the burros with! The baby burros were adorable... even if I didn't get to pet one...
Travis and I stopped in the general store for a Rootbeer Float... and some entertainment from some of the locals.
The views were gorgeous and it kind of reminded of the days when I worked at Rawhide... Yeehaw!
Don't mind my stupid face... the random stranger we picked to take our picture has never used a camera before... good lord!
On our way home we played photographer of the scenery and took some shots of scenes from Cars for the kids. They thought it was super cool :)
We agreed the US Postal Service probably hates these people...
Mater's brother
This is why we live in AZ. It's the middle of winter and we have days like this...

No comments:
Post a Comment