October 27, 2009

My desire

I saw the following on my sister in law's blog and stole it from her (thanks Sarah!). It's a version of one of my favorite verses ever and really has inspired me today to remind myself of these words each and every morning. Lately it has been really hard to be motivated to get up in the morning and go to work. Anyone who truely knows me, has known my deep desire to be a stay at home wife and now that we have children, stay at home mother. Rylan has grown so fast! Braden too and I can't help but feel like their lives are slipping so quickly through my fingers. I don't want to miss these precious moments of their childhood.

But, I must rejoice in this moment as God has so greatly blessed myself and my family. I will choose to be thankful for the blessings that I have been given, including my job of working outside the home. There are many people without jobs right now and I do feel selfish for wishing that the grass was greener on the other side.

This deep desire to be at home is something that God has really hard-wired in my heart and I know one day the time will come. Sometimes it's so hard to be patient and remember that God is always in control. With prayer and God's guidance, Travis and I are hoping to have another child next year. With that, I am praying that we will be able to have me stay home. If you get the chance to pray for our family and for wisdom for Travis and I and also for descretion as we deeply desire to always remain in His will.

Lord, let me be a woman....
of worth
who's husband has confidence in her
who brings good to others, not harm
who works with eager hands
who gets up early
who provides for her family
who is compassionate to those less fortunate than her
who considers before buying
who spends wisely
who works hard
who is generous to the poor and needy
who is devoted to God and her family
who is clothed with strength and dignity
who can laugh at the future
who speaks wisely
who guards her tongue
who doesn't waste time
who is a blessing to others
who fears the Lord

No comments: